|Click this link to access the Tenant Portal||Click this link to access the Owners Portal|
|Kasandra Shriver (RA) GRI, AHWD, e-PRO, MRP, RSPS
Tel: (808) 221-8904
|Sandy Osborne Brown (RA) GRI, AHWD, e-PRO, MRP, RSPS
Tel: (808) 371-2607
Tel: (808) 306-2252
The Property Management services we provide include:
Property Evaluation And Determination Of Accurate Rental Rate
- Perform documentation of the interior and exterior of the property, including photos and/or video, as applicable;
- Recommend repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good return on investment;
- Perform market data research on rental rates in the area to determine the optimal rental rate;
- Provide recommendations and evaluations of policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking, etc.;
- Install a Sentrilock® lockbox, if necessary.
Marketing The Property For Rent
- Prepare home for rent;
- Clean home and optimize interior appeal to include minimal staging;
- Manicure landscaping to increase curb appeal;
- Prepare digital file floorplan to aid in marketing the unit to out-of-state prospects;
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium;
- Cooperate with other REALTORS® and leasing agents to locate the best tenant;
- Provide 24-hour a day access to information about the property on website;
- Field calls from prospective tenants regarding questions and requests to see the property;
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend;
- Provide prospective tenants with online rental application process compliant with all state and federal fair housing laws;
- Collect application fee for all non-concession applicants.
Tenant Screening And Selection
- Perform background check to verify income, credit history, and rental history;
- Evaluate tenant against universal tenant criteria that is compliant with all federal and state fair housing laws;
- Inform tenants who were not selected.
- Draft and present lease agreement to Tenant(s) for signature;
- Utilize electronic signature service, such as Docusign to faciliate the lease signing process, and eliminate paper waste;
- Confirm move-in date with tenant(s);
- Review lease provisions with tenant(s);
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed;
- Perform detail move-in inspection with tenant, to include photos and/or video as appropriate, and have tenants acknowledge condition of the property;
- Collect all initial rental charges, including rent, security deposit and any applicable charges and/or fees.
- Provide online tenant portal for electronic payment of rent, and accept and process any manual rental payments;
- Monitor late payments and assess late charges, if applicable;
- Send out pay or quit notices to tenants who are in default of their lease agreement.
- Prepare necessary and relevant supporting paperwork to initiate an unlawful detailer action;
- Recommend legal counsel, as applicable to pursue unlawful detainer claim in Hawaii District Court;
- Coordinate with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenant’s possessions from unit
- Compliance with local, state and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties;
- Conduct training to ensure compliance with federal, state and local legislation relating to rental properties;
- Refer owner to qualified attorney when necessary.
- Perform periodic inspections (inside and outside) to assess repair needs, safety hazards, code violations and lease violations;
- Send owner reports on the condition of the property, when applicable;
- Provide online owner portal for 24-hour access to all current accounting information, including rental income, property mangement fees, receipts for repairs, etc.;
- As directed, ensure timely payment of all accounts payable on behalf of owner (mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, etc.)
- With monthly accounting, provide detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts, including monthly cash-flow statement with annual reconciliation;
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.) in electronic form, fully accessible by owner;
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents (1099-MISC).
Maintenance, Repairs, And Remodeling
- Provide online tenant portal for electronic submission of maintenance requests;
- Provide and oversee all maintenance related personnel;
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and address maintenance and repair needs;
- Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors who provide both quality services at reasonable and competitive rates;
- Assign jobs to different parties (handymen, electrician, plumber, or professional contractors) according to each individual service need;
- Provide 24-hour emergency contact information to tenant and owner for all emergency related requests.
- Perform move-out inspection, including pictures and/or video, and complete property condition report;
- Provide tenant with a copy of the property condition report, as well as an invoice for estimate repairs;
- Return security deposit not withheld, to the tenant;
- Have property cleaned, and oversee all required repairs and/or upgrades;
- Re-key the locks.
Fees and Terms
All Inclusive Property Management Services:
- Monthly management fee: 10% of gross monthly rent;
- No set-up or initial management fees;
- No hidden fees;
- No additional fees for Tenant Portal, Owner Portal or automatic deposit or GET filing.
A La Carte Services
- A la carte services are negotiated on a case-by-case basis based on services required, and two or may services may be required. For example, standard tenant placement service shall be 30% of gross monthly rent (regardless of the date tenant takes occupancy).
- Emergency maintenance services (for when owners are off-island temporarily) are also provided at a negotiated rate.
- All rates for a la carte services are subject to Broker approval.
- A reserve deposit of not less than $500 shall be required to pay property expenses and repairs throughout the month.
- Owner will be required to name HomeQuest, Realtors LLC as an additional insured on their homeowner’s policy of insurance.